– at a safe distance.
On Your End:
- Choose a “maybe” time
- Complete the short form
Then We Will:
- Take a look – Google Streetview and Google Earth
- Count windows and measure house size
- Factor in all of your answers
- (Possibly) contact with some clarifying questions
- Email a detailed proposal with:
- Total Cost – includes everything
- What is included – exactly
- How long it will take
- What is not included
- Insurance certificate
- Lots of clarification so you know just what to expect
The Scope of Work in the proposal you receive exactly matches the Scope out painters work from – so we all have the same clear expectations.
Painting and Covid-19
For now, we’re only scheduling exterior work so everybody (painters and customers) stays safe. We’ll revise as things change.
Is there some interior painting on your list? Maybe kitchen cabinets or a home office or a rec room? Let’s talk about it – send an email and we can look at scheduling.
Frequent “Virtual” Questions
- How long to get a virtual estimate?
Usually less than three days.
- How will you send the proposal?
Proposals are usually three pages, always emailed.
- How will you communicate with me?
Questions are best handled with a phone call but email or text can also work if needed.
- How far out are you scheduling?
It depends, of course – project size, repair work and weather are among several factors. Summer is always busier (four to eight weeks), less so in winter (one to three weeks). Smaller homes are easier to squeeze in between larger homes.
- Why might you have to come to my house?
Larger or more complex architecture, extensive prep or tricky landscaping or fences are some of the factors. You do not have to be home, we usually do not notify before stopping by. But, please let us know if we should text you before we arrive.
- Why would you NOT come to my house?
We can often avoid a site visit on smaller projects or those that don’t involve extensive prep work.
- Do more colors cost more?
Yes. More colors in more places mean more trips up the ladder. And another gallon of paint and another roller cover. It doesn’t cost much, but it can add up.
- Can you help my house look awesome without costing a fortune?
Yep – we do this all the time. Let us know your desired result, we’ll look at the photos and get back with some things you might consider.
- Why offer free color consultation?
Great paint colors make Crestwood Painting look good – that’s why we discourage DIY colors. :)
When you drive up to your home you want to say “That’s my house and I flippin’ love it!” and not “uh oh, think we goofed”.
Customers always love their exterior paint colors when they work with a color professional.
- How can I compare estimates?
Easy to compare Apples to Apples.
- How about just a “ballpark” estimate?
Of course. Our exterior painting projects are only sometimes under $5000 and are usually less than $15k.
- What about repair work needed?
You will spend less money and get better work when you directly hire a carpenter or handyman for repairs. Yes, many paint companies tout their “expert carpenter” but our experience shows those repairs are often not well done – especially on older homes.
Repairs are usually not less expensive or easier than expected. Best to establish a priority list and plan the work as your budget allows.
- Must repair work be completed before painting?
Ideally, yes – but often a customer’s budget doesn’t allow that. For most people it’s more practical to do some repair work this year and some next. So, if a handy person costs $500 per day and if you schedule two (or four) days of repair work per year you’ll have a predictable and budget-able plan for maintaining your home.
- Why all the pictures? Why not just come by and then email an estimate?
That would be a “drive-by” estimate – we don’t do that. Painting is an expensive business transaction; you (and we) want to be very clear on what to expect. That requires clear questions and clear answers so that everybody’s clear expectations are met.
- Tell me about your painters
Our staff of professional painters are pleasant, well trained and background-checked for your safety – no creepy dudes. Prompt arrivals, full work days, tidy work areas and cleanup at the end of every day.
We offer full benefits and good pay. Our painters are real people with real lives and real families, living right here in sunny Kansas City.