There is no single answer. Grizzled old union painters as well as younger upstarts all agree that professional painters in Kansas City wear “painters whites”, but nobody seems to know why. There are some ideas:
- Whites distinguish painters from other trades.
- White connotes cleanliness to customers.
- Clean whites connotes skill to other painters.
- White and other light colors are those most commonly chosen for the widest range of applications.
- White is more comfortable in the summer sun.
- Long ago there was whitewash – Tom Sawyer obviously wasn’t a professional as he didn’t dress the part!
- Spackle, plaster, caulk and other common trade materials are all white.
- White clothing is economical – costs less than dyed clothing.
- Easy cleaning – white cloth can be bleached easier than colored clothing.
All of the painters at Crestwood wear painters pants and a clean Crestwood uniform shirt. Some of the guys prefer Crestwood baseball hats, some prefer floppy “bucket” hats to help stay out of the sun. Either way, the nice people at KC Screenprint do all the embroidery.
Take a look for more questions for Kansas City painters? Or give us a call today!