Epoxy floors are the most durable and easy to clean flooring option available. Whether for restaurants or medical clinics, garages or schools there’s no flooring solution more durable and sanitary.
Benefits of Epoxy Floor Coatings
- Easy to clean
- Stain Resistant; including oils, water, solvents, chemicals and salt.
- Anti skid anti-slip and resistant to abrasives.
- Scuff, skid and tire mark resistant.
- Environmentally Safe, Non-Toxic and odorless.
- Attractive, High Gloss, Epoxy Coat Finish.
- Able to protect and extend the life of your concrete.
Cost of Epoxy Flooring
Generally in the $5 per square foot range but of course that depends on a range of factors: patterns, cove base installed, etc. Cost is driven by the requirements of the installation – chemical resistance, wheeled traffic, impact resistance, light reflectance, non-slip requirements, etc. will all affect the installed cost.
Epoxy Floor Coating System
First, there’s a primer coat, then a 100% solids base coat (acrylic colored paint chips) followed by one or two topcoats of clear epoxy or polyurethane. Generally, this system will be between 30 and 40 mils in thickness and is flexible and durable enough to last 15-20 years or more.
Epoxy Floor Coatings guide – this free download is a great overview of the materials used.
Service Area for Epoxy Floors
The metro service area includes Kansas City, Overland Park, Lenexa, Lee’s Summit, Leawood and Olathe as well as St. Joseph, Lawrence and Topeka.
Ideal Locations for Seamless Flooring
- Industrial / Manufacturing: Electronics, Metal Fabricating, Printing, Heavy Equipment, Chemical, Aerospace, Defense, Food Processing, Pharmaceutical
- Pharmaceutical / Laboratories: Soap / Cosmetics, Medical – FDA, Testing Facilities, Containment Areas
- Warehouse / Distribution: Packaging / Shipping, Public Storage, Food / Grocery, Automotive Showrooms
- Institutional: Hospitals, Schools, Government, Military, Veterinary
- Commercial: Kitchens, Automobile, Animal Facilities, Restaurants, Retail
- Commercial Garage Floors
Since epoxy floor coatings help concrete floors last for many years, they need to be replaced much less frequently than other flooring options. This is good for the environment and for your business since you won’t need to put your business on hold while the flooring gets replaced.
If your business currently has a concrete floor that is not coated there are probably bumps or lips where the concrete has settled more than in other places. The concrete may also have cracks or erosion that can result in surfaces that are hazardous to walk on. Epoxy coatings remedy this situation by providing an even walking surface and can even have a non-slip surface applied to the top for added safety.
Easy To Clean
Concrete floors with an epoxy coating are water and dust-resistant which make them incredibly easy to clean and maintain. Most coatings are also antibacterial which makes them a great choice for restaurants or businesses that see a lot of young kids.
Concrete coatings are a great way to add your personal style to a building. Epoxy coatings can be made to look like almost any other type of flooring, but last much longer. If you want your customers to say “wow” when they enter your business, a custom floor coating is the way to go.